Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Raspberry Tart

I think 'raspberry' is the new fun word! And the colors in the raspberry tart designer paper are gorgeous! It has that monochromatic feel with all the reds and pinks, and then throws in kiwi kiss. This card uses petal pizzazz ((pg 90, $32.95) and wonderful favorites (pg 133, $40.95) stamp sets. The base of the card is cameo coral, with kiwi kiss and rose red card stock, a small piece of raspberry tart paper. I used the scallop punch on one of the flowers, and then cut the top flower out by hand. The kiwi button from button bouquet tops it off. I also used one of the flowers from the boho blossoms punch to make the rose red layers. When you layer punched shapes on the same color card stock, you get a faux embossing look. Lastly, I used the word window punch for "friends" and tied it up with grosgrain ribbon. Take a look at page 49 in your Spring~Summer Catalog--I used the giraffe card on the bottom of the page for the layout idea. I just changed things up a little because I wanted to use designer paper and since my stamped image wasn't long, but square, it was easy to switch that part around.
I hope you are finding ideas to copy out of the new catalog, too! Unfortunately (IMO) the 'recipes' at the end have been taken out and are now on the website. Its about 24 pages long, though, so a little hard to download for anyone with dial-up. If you'd like a text-only list, leave a comment and I'll email it to you!

No comments: