Thursday, February 12, 2009

What are you getting for your Valentine?

Have you ever read or heard Jeff Foxworthy's "You know you're in Montana if a vacation is going to the city, getting a hotel with a pool, and going shopping"? Well, I'm going on vacation this weekend! Can't wait!! We'll enjoy a nice dinner out ( or lunch as it may be, since we're also going to basketball games while we are there). As always, I have lots to do before I'll be ready to go....

This card reminds me of the Valentine's I used to make as a kid, with glitter and heart shaped doilies and ribbon. It seemed that there was always one more thing to add! The birds are paper pieced--stamped on designer paper and cut out. I colored in the "love" with pink, and then used red on one side to add some depth. I've seen the flower done over with flowers from the pretties kit, hearts, and I used a button from the button bouquet, threaded with a thin piece of riding hood red card stock. The rest of the card is pretty simple--no ribbon even!

Happy Valentine's Day to each of you!

No comments: