Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Splitcoast Challenge

Every Wednesday I get the Splitcoast Stamper's Newsletter in my email box. Yesterday, I made time to try one of the challenges. The color challenge was to make a card using soft suede, certainly celery, and tempting turquoise. The layout challenge can be viewed HERE.
This is one of the sets I chose as a free Sale-a-bration set last month-- C is for Cat. This set is in the Big Catalog so you can purchase it-- page 61, $15.95. I like the simplicity of the card. When I got done I thought about adding some paper piercing around the corners but decided to leave it as it was. I used a couple of circle punches for the "C" and a piece of certainly celery designer paper and that was it for "extras"--no ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.... I picked the daisy paper since there is a daisy on the "C" but I probably could have accentuated that a bit more. Instead I cut out 2 fish and tied them on. What do you think?

No comments: